How do I make an appointment?
Can I get a same day appointment?
- We’ll do our best to work you into the schedule that day. There are appointments available each day for same day appointments.
- Call early. The call center opens at 7:30 in the morning.
How much will it cost?
Services at Vecino’s Airline Children’s Clinic are not free, but our fees are affordable for all. Our goal is to help you get and use the coverage available to you, depending on your situation.
- Medicaid, CHIP, and private insurance plans are accepted.
- A family assistance, sliding fee scale discount is available for cash patients. Ask our representatives when making your appointment.
What if I don't have health insurance?
- If your child doesn’t have Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare, or other insurance, we’ll help you find out if you qualify.
- If you qualify, we can help you with the enrollment process.
- If your child does not qualify for Medicaid, we will process an application for our sliding fee scale discount program.
- Depending on your income, a typical office visit could range from $20-$55.
How do I know what my insurance will cover?
We will ask that you provide insurance information when you schedule your appointment so that we can verify your insurance and type of coverage (e.g., vaccines, lab work, etc.) prior to your appointment.
What happens at the first appointment?
At the first appointment, you’ll need to provide the following documentation :
- Photo ID of parent or legal guardian
- Your child’s insurance card, if he or she has one
- Your child’s immunization records if he or she has them
Also, there’s some paperwork for new patients that you’ll need to complete.
You can print and fill out the new patient forms ahead of time, if you wish. Click on your prefered language below to download.
Why should I take my children to the doctor if they're not sick?
What if I need to cancel an appointment?
My child's teeth look fine. Why do I need to take him to the dentist?
Untreated tooth decay can cause pain and infection and can negatively affect permanent teeth.
What happens at a well child check up?
Children are examined from head to toe at each check up to make sure their bodies are healthy.
Check-ups are also an opportunity for vaccines to be given and to have any necessary blood work checked (like checking for anemia and lead poisoning).
Temporary change in hours
Vecino's Airline Children's Clinic hours are temporarily changed to the following until further notice. Thank you for your understanding.
Medical and Counseling
- Mon - Thur: 8 am - 6 pm
- Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
Mon - Wed: 8 am - 5 pm
If your child requires immediate attention from the police, fire department or ambulance, call 911.
If you have a question, please call us at 713-695-4013. If you prefer, you can submit your question through the form below. Be sure to provide your email address and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.