How to protect your family and how your children can help
Frequent hand washing is one of the most important things children and adults can do to keep themselves and others safe from COVID-19
You may be feeling concerned about the coronavirus, also called COVID-19.
Vecino’s Airline Children’s Clinic is committed to keeping our patients, staff, and families safe. We are taking active steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-10 and want you to have current information so you can protect your family.
Who is at risk?
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), children do not appear to be at higher risk for COVID-19 than adults. People who are at higher risk include:
- Older adults (age 60 and older).
- People who have serious chronic medical conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, and suppressed immune systems.
How do I protect my children from COVID-19?
According to the CDC, you can help by teaching your children to do the same things everyone else should do to stay healthy.
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Teach your children to do it, too. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitzer. Always monitor young children’s use of hand sanitizer.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick (coughing and sneezing). Keep children away from others who are sick and keep them home if they are ill.
- Avoid touching your face and help your children to do the same.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces daily in the house (tables, had-backed chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles, desks, toilets, sinks)
- Launder items including washable plush toys as appropriate in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If possible, wash them using the warmest appropriate water setting for the items and dry them completely.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19
- Shortness of breath
*Vecino Health Centers provides screening and testing for the coronavirus. The full cash price of the PCR COVID-19 lab test is $51. Insurance coverage and/or discounts may apply via financial assistance.