This year nothing about going back to school is normal. But one thing that hasn’t changed is the importance of back-to-school checkups.
Checkups for children of all ages are more important than ever in 2020
Whether your children are learning at home or in the classroom, Vecino wants to help you to save money and reduce some stress. Free Back-to-School kits, including headsets for online learning, are being provided to children ages 3 to 13 with their Well Check Exams at Vecino’s Airline Children’s Clinic and Denver Harbor Family Clinic from Aug. 20 through Sept. 30, 2020
Free Back-to-School Kits with Well Check Exams!
August 20 – September 30, 2020
For children ages 3 to 13
Make an appointment by calling:
Vecino’s Airline Children’s Clinic
Vecino’s Denver Harbor Family Clinic
Kits include classroom quality headphones/microphone for online learning, an assortment of school supplies, and masks.
Checkups include important immunizations and screenings. They are covered by most insurance plans, including Medicaid.
If you’ve become unemployed and uninsured by the pandemic, we can help! If you don’t quality for Medicaid, we offer a discount program so that your children’s care is affordable.
Four reasons for a back-to-school checkup even if your children are learning at home
As a parent, you know to take your children to the clinic when they are sick. But health care visits are just as important for healthy children.
There are four major benefits of well-child visits, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics:
- Prevent illness. Children receive scheduled immunizations and flu shots at their checkups.
- Check for healthy growth and development. See how much your child has grown in the time since your last visit, and talk with your provider about your child’s development. You can discuss your child’s milestones, social behaviors, and learning.
- Get answers from health experts. Make a list of topics you want to talk about with your child’s healthcare provider. Many children are having trouble adjusting to the unpredictability and stress at home. Bring your questions and concerns with you to talk with your pediatrician at the start of the visit.
- Establish a relationship with a healthcare provider. Regular visits create strong, trustworthy relationships between doctors, parents or guardians and their children.
Keeping patients safe
The health of patients, their families, and our staff is our top priority at Vecino Health Centers. Safety protocols are in place, including:
- Services are provided through telehealth when possible.
- Enhanced screening processes for anyone entering the clinic.
- Masks are required throughout the facilities for anyone aged 3 and older.
- Masks and shields required of staff.
- Strict cleaning and disinfecting procedures are being implemented.
- Separate entrance for anyone experiencing symptoms or who may have been exposed to the coronavirus